- Step 1: Review SGA's Act for Registration to ensure you meet the requirements (8 members, 3 officers, unique purpose, etc.)
- Step 2: Download this Sample/template constitution and edit as needed (please note that the starred items are required).
- Step 3: Submit a new org request form on Niner Engage by selecting Organizations > Register an Organization > Register a NEW Organization
- At the end of the form, it will prompt you to email email@example.com to schedule a meeting to discuss your form and constitution. This will also be an opportunity to ask any questions regarding registration or functioning as a registered student organization on campus.
- Step 4: Attend a New Student Organization Hearing with Student Government Association. These hearings are held in-person on Tuesdays at 5:30pm.
- Step 5 (can be completed before Step 4): Complete steps 2 and 3 of Annual Registration (anti-hazing modules and Presidents Leadership Workshop)
What is a Student Organization?
A student organization is defined as a group of currently enrolled University of North Carolina at Charlotte students who unite to promote a common interest. These organizations are student-initiated and student-run. Student organizations may include other members of the University community such as alumni, faculty, staff, and administrators as long as 51% of the membership are currently enrolled students. Only currently enrolled students can serve as officers or vote on organizational matters.
UNC Charlotte recognizes the vital contributions that student organizations make to the quality of life on campus; however, recognition as a UNC Charlotte student organization is not to be interpreted as an endorsement, approval, or reflection of the mission, purpose, and/or activities of UNC Charlotte or its affiliates.
The Act for Registration, a document governed by the Student Government Association (SGA), outlines the rights and responsibilities student organizations have at UNC Charlotte. Review this important document.